My broad interests are in incentive and information design in platforms/marketplaces – environments where a large number of agents interact. In such environments, agents respond not only to the actions of the platform, but also to the actions of other agents (i.e., agents exert strategic externalities on each other).
I am also interested in analyzing problems in retail (motivated by my experience at Nordstrom).
- Your Uber is Arriving: Managing On-Demand Workers through Sure Pricing, Forecast Communication and Worker Incentives.
- Optimal Policy for a Stochastic Scheduling Problem with Applications to Surgical Scheduling.
- Joint work with Milind Dawande, Ganesh Janakiraman and Kyung-Sung Jung.
- Published in Production and Operations Management: DOI.
- The Economics of Process Transparency.
- “Seemingly-Beneficial” Interventions.
- The Economics of Agricultural Support Prices in Developing Economies.